Recipe by Tisme
I was excited to find this one, so I am posting it without actually having made it. Think it might be good as I have a diabetic husband. I found it in the paper (Herald Sun)
Top Review by katew
This has made a lovely golden fruit cake. I made mine in slice form and so it cooked in 30 minutes. I added a few chopped dried apricots along with the other dried fruit so this does add some sweetness. If you don't have allergies then you could ice it if you were missing the sugar. It was easy to do and smelled great coming out of the oven
- 236.59 ml sultana
- 177.44 ml currants
- 177.44 ml chopped raisins
- 473.18 ml cold water
- 354.88 ml cold mashed pumpkin
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml grated lemon rind
- 354.88 ml soy flour
- 354.88 ml rice flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 9.85 ml sugar-free apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Line a 20 cm deep pan with 2 sheets of baking paper.
- Combine dried fruit and water in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pumpkin, oil and lemon rind.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Sift in the flours, baking powder and spices and stir into the dried fruit mixture.
- Pour into the pan and bake about 1 1/2 hours.
- Brush with sieved apricot jam. Cover and cool in pan.