Adapted from Colette Martin's "Learning to Bake Allergen Free" - I tried both "regular" and "doughnut hole" types and I found the smaller ones were better overall. The finished nuggets can be rolled in cinnamon sugar or glazed with your favourite mixture - you can even try filling them with jam or Nutella!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk substitute (like Coconut Dream, not coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (mine is a pre-bought mix of garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, white sorghum flour, )
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons maca, powder toasted
- 1/2 tablespoon ground chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F and grease mini muffin tins.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together the coconut beverage, brown sugar, applesauce or banana, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- 3Add the flours, tapioca starch, maca, ground chia, nutmeg, guar gum, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- 4Mix until a sturdy batter-dough forms - about 5 minutes.
- 5Form into balls and place in the mini muffin tins.
- 6Bake 15 minutes. Cool in the tin 3 minutes then unmould.
- 7If tossing with cinnamon sugar, dip warm doughnut holes in melted coconut oil and immediately roll in the sugar.
- 8If filling or glazing, allow doughnut holes to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Allergy Free Baked Doughnut Holes
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 311.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-dairy milk substitute