Recipe by TaDa!
Adapted from a cake recipe - for those needs allergy free indulgence! The recipe can be adapted in many ways; with cocoa powder to make a chocolate cupcake; add chocolate chips; add orange extract, etc....
Top Review by arbonnemom2
I"m always looking for good recipes for my son who is allergic to gluten, egg and dairy. I made these cupcakes for him during the holiday season, so I substituted pumpkin puree for the banana and 1 teaspoon pumkin pie spice for the vanilla. I used a dairy free buttercream frosting on them and my son LOVED them!! I did have some issues with the recipe though. The name says mini cupcakes, but it actually makes 12 full size cupcakes, also I greased the pan, better to be safe than sorry. They were super simple to make and I look forward to baking them many times in the future!!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 banana
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend flaxseed with water until smooth, set aside.
- Once flaxseed is thicken, add banana and blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350°F.
- Sift all purpose gluten free flour with baking powder in a mixing bowl
- Add sugar, olive oil and rice milk.
- Add blended flaxseed & banana
- Add Vanilla Extract.
- Set the mixer to low and beat until everything combined.
- Set the mixer to medium and beat for about one minute.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Frosting as desired.