An absolutely amazing GF bread from http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com Perfect taste and texture.
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup millet flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg substitute, whisked with 4t warm water (or 2 eggs beaten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild rice vinegar
- 1.Mix 1t honey and warm water. Water should feel warm-to-hot to the touch but not burning.
- 2. Add yeast and mix well. Let the mixture sit until it gets bubbly/frothy.
- 3. Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 4. When yeast liquid is frothy, add to dry ingredients.
- 5. Add olive oil, 2t honey, cider vinegar and mixed egg replacer (or eggs) and beat until a smooth batter forms. Dough should be along the consistency of cookie dough, not like wheat bread dough.
- 6. Scrape into a lightly oiled loaf pan and smooth with wet fingers or spatula.
- 7. Loosely cover pan.
- 8. Preheat over to 350 and put loaf pan on top of stove other other warm place to rise.
- 9. Let rise 20 minutes for rapid rise yeast and 30ish minutes for regular yeast.
- 10. Bake 35-45 minutes.
- 11. Cool on wire rack.