1/1 Photo of Allergen Free/Gluten Free Bread
1 hr 20 mins
An absolutely amazing GF bread from http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com Perfect taste and texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg substitute, whisked with 4t warm water (or 2 eggs beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon mild rice vinegar
- 11.Mix 1t honey and warm water. Water should feel warm-to-hot to the touch but not burning.
- 22. Add yeast and mix well. Let the mixture sit until it gets bubbly/frothy.
- 33. Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 44. When yeast liquid is frothy, add to dry ingredients.
- 55. Add olive oil, 2t honey, cider vinegar and mixed egg replacer (or eggs) and beat until a smooth batter forms. Dough should be along the consistency of cookie dough, not like wheat bread dough.
- 66. Scrape into a lightly oiled loaf pan and smooth with wet fingers or spatula.
- 77. Loosely cover pan.
- 88. Preheat over to 350 and put loaf pan on top of stove other other warm place to rise.
- 99. Let rise 20 minutes for rapid rise yeast and 30ish minutes for regular yeast.
- 1010. Bake 35-45 minutes.
- 1111. Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Allergen Free/Gluten Free Bread
Serving Size: 1 (716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1210.0
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2419.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 195.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute