Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is from a great little restaurant in South Louisiana. I begged and begged for the recipe until they finally caved in. ***Edited on June 9, 2008--I would suggest tasting the dip before adding any salt. Depending on your mayo, you may or may not need any***
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (***)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One day prior to serving, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl that can be covered.
- Refrigerate 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers, chips or my favorite, raw veggies.
- This can be doubled or tripled easily with a triple serving equal to about 2 quarts.
I needed a dip for a pot luck and since I had all of this at home it was the one. Boy was I glad I did. It makes a ton and it was all gone in the first hour. I brought chips but anything that was at the pot luck that could be dipped was used. It does have a strong garlic flavor but in a good way. So if you don't like garlic you won't like this. I had many requests for the recipe and will make again and again. Thank you for sharing. I did only use 1/4 tsp salt. It was enough but I think the cheese and mayo have enough salt.
We really liked it. I made with 1 1/2 cups each of mayo and sour cream as I am not a huge fan of mayo. It was good on the day we made it but as we eat the last of it right now, munch, munch, it is really good. I can't wait to take it someplace. YUM.
OOOOOHHHH, this is good. Made it for a family event and we loved it.