Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
"The recipe that closed 1000 sales" From the Cameron Cooking Guide. This recipe is to be made using a stove top smoker.
- 1 cup tamari soy sauce (teriyaki can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 lbs fresh tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons cherry wood chips
- Mix the tamari (or teriyaki), lemon, lime, ginger and garlic and marinate the tuna for 2 hours.
- Smoke 1 or 2 pounds, 13 or 14 minutes maximum, on medium heat using the cherry wood chips.
- At this point the tuna is slightly raw in the center and is fantastic!
- If you prefer it completely cooked, finish it by grilling 2 minutes on each side.
This was excellent. Loved the smoky flavor and the marinade was excellent. The aroma was mouthwatering!