Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is from the City Times newspaper. Recipe posted by request for recipes using turmeric powder.
- 250 g potatoes, boiled with salt and mashed
- 300 g beef, cut into small pieces and boiled with pepper powder,salt and yellow powder
- 2 medium onions, peeled,washed and chopped
- 4 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- oil, to fry
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil and flour in a large bowl.
- Grease your palms with a little oil.
- Shape the mixture into equal-sized balls with your palms.
- To make the outer part, mix the flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt to taste and water till it becomes a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a small wok.
- Dip the balls in the batter.
- Deep fry the potato balls in the hot oil on either side until golden.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.