Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "Complete Home Bartender's Guide" by Salvatore Calabrese. "The name means "happiness" in Italian. This drink is refreshing."
- 1⁄2 ripe mango, peeled cut and diced
- 1 2⁄3 ounces carrot juice
- 1 2⁄3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 2⁄3 ounces fresh orange juice
- 2⁄3 ounce fresh lemon juice
- ice cube, scoop
- still mineral water, to top
- orange slice, to garnish (optional)
- maraschino cherry, to garnish (optional)
- Put the mango pieces in a blender, add the other ingredients, except the water. Blend until smooth.
- Fill a goblet with ice and pour blended mixture in until the glass until is 3/4 full.
- Add the water to dilute the mixture a little. Stir.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and a maraschino cherry.
- Serve with a straw.
Very nice! I doubled it and served it to the kids undiluted as a "smoothie" and they drank it up. Thanks! Reviewed for ZWT4.
What a delicious, healthy, and refreshing drink! My DD's say a special THANK YOU for the yummy cold drink on a hot day! I used frozen mango because I didn't have many ice cubes made. I also used fresh calamansi juice instead of lemon juice. Made for ZWT4 - Go Jefes!
For me, this is an unusual combination of juices/flavors, but it DOES work beautifully for me! Thanks for sharing your drink with me ~ The recipe's a keeper, for sure! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage tag]