1/1 Photo of Allegheny Applesauce Bread
1 hr 30 mins
A Messy Cook's Note:
Scrumptiously moist and delicious, sweet and spicy, simple and wholesome: contains no refined grains or sugars, just lots of good stuff like raisins, honey, and wheat germ. You've got to try this bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter and honey together in mixing bowl.
- 2Add eggs, applesauce, and maple extract (if using) and beat well.
- 3Combine next six ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in separate bowl; stir in raisins.
- 4Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring until combined.
- 5Bake in greased 5x9 loaf pan at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, or until tests done.
- 6Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack; wrap in plastic wrap and chill overnight before serving.
- 7This bread freezes well, so double the recipe and save one for later!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Allegheny Applesauce Bread
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 204.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g