1 hr 30 mins
A rich, highly palatable rendition of the enchilada tradition. Goes great with a crisp garden or caesar salad and a side of refried beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil chicken in salted water until tender and loosened from bone (be sure entire chicken is submerged in the water).
- 2Bone chicken and dice the meat. Let cool.
- 3While chicken is cooling, dice onion and chilis, and shred cheese (set aside 2 cups of cheese for topping).
- 4Mix onion, chilis, cheese, sour cream, and olives in a large bowl. Add chicken and mix coursely. (reserve 4 cups).
- 5Grease two 13" baking pans on all sides. Heat one tortilla at a time over open gas flame.
- 6Fill with 3-4 Tablespoons of chicken mixture and roll leaving ends open.
- 7Place seam-down in the greased baking pans (if using electric oven, open each 1 doz. package of tortillas and heat for 12 seconds in microwave and fill with aforementioned ingredients while hot).
- 8Continue process placing each enchilada in pan. The enchiladas should fit snuggly against each other.
- 9Place 2 cups of chicken mixture over each pan of enchiladas. Smooth evenly to retain moisture.
- 10Top with a layer of shredded cheese.
- 11Bake covered at 325 degrees F. for 42 minutes.
- 12Remove cover and return to oven for 6 minutes to gently toast cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Allan's Famous Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1476.5
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 2792.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 182.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 53.3 g