Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is our summertime favorite when the garden is in full bloom with beautiful tomatoes! And it is a "no cook" recipe!
- 5 -6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature on the kitchen counter for at least 2 hours or as long as 10 hours.
- Pour over hot pasta and pass the Parmesan cheese!
I use this as a salsa for pita bread. It is very yummy. I use less olive oil.