Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Best with Beer and Friends!
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl mix paprika, chile powder, sugar, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in large cast iron pan, on medium heat.
- Add half the shrimp and half the garlic.
- Saute, turning once until opaqe, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in half the sallions.
- Pour into serving platter.
- Wipe out the skillet with paper towel, and do the second batch the same way.
- Serve immediately.