This recipe was devised from what I had on hand. I was asked to come up with a recipe for a fund raiser cookbook,this is how it was created. It is fast and the different textures make the salad interesting. It can be used as a base for additional ingredients for a main course.
My Private Note
cups ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch endive
- 1 bunch iceberg lettuce
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce (or any other leaf lettuce of your choice)
- 2 kirby cucumbers
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1Wash and dry a large salad bowl and rub with one clove garlic.
- 2Wash greens and dry well, place in bowl.
- 3Wash cucumbers, onions and rinse sprouts and parsley; defrost frozen peas and dry.
- 4Chop, dice or slice,your preference.
- 5Place greens in bowl.
- 6Add cucumber, peas and onions.
- 7Toss lightly.
- 8Top with sprouts and green olives.
- 9Mix the dressing, oil, wine, salt, black pepper, sugar, oregano.
- 10Mix with whisk and pour over salad when ready to serve.
- 11Serve with loaf of hot Italian bread.
- 12Very good and healthy for the New Year.
- 13You can transform this salad into a chef salad very easily with mild cheese provolone and your choice of cooked meat.
- 14bite sized pieces of chicken or shrimp.
- 15Use your imagination!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All the Greens Tossed Salad
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.3
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 459.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: