Recipe by cowpants13
This reminds me of having chicken curry at home as a kid. My mom had a special serving dish with compartments for all sorts of condiments for the curry. I've tried to replicate those flavors here.
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, cooked, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced fine
- 1⁄2 apple, peeled, diced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (sweet)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate. Easy-peasy!
- All of the amounts are approximate (I had to put in numbers for the recipe) -- adjust to your taste. I use leftover roast chicken -- DH usually makes a lot at a time, so we have leftovers. I prefer golden raisins. If the chutney is chunky, you can chop it tiny or leave it as is. I use a few shakes of a mild hot sauce like green Tabasco; you can substitute black or cayenne pepper. Use as much mayo as you like (I use Hellman's/Best Foods); or substitute Greek yogurt.
- This is yummy by itself, but also makes a good sandwich. I particularly like it with butter lettuce on a croissant or brioche.