Spicy little cookies from Milan, made to celebrate All Souls Day on November the 2nd. Taken from mangiabenepasta.com and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- confectioners' sugar (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease 2 baking sheets.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until well blended.
- 4Beat in the egg, orange zest, orange juice, and honey.
- 5Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- 6Stir until well blended.
- 7Stir in the raisin and walnuts.
- 8Break off a piece of the dough about the size of a walnut.
- 9Shape the dough into a 2-1/2 inch sausage.
- 10Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 11Press to slightly flatten the dough.
- 12Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 13Place the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- 14Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies are puffed and set.
- 15Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1 minutes.
- 16Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cook completely.
- 17Dust the cookies with confectioners' sugar.
- 18Store in airtight containers.
- 19The cookies develop more flavor the longer they are stored.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All Soul's Day Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (859 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 63.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g