Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is just a great side when you need something but don't quite know what to fix! You can shave some fat if you want to by using low-fat cheese and low-fat sour cream. You can make this up to the day before. I love potatoes, and really enjoy them this way.
- 4 red potatoes, chopped (don't peel)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 of a med. onion, chopped (more or less, to your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon oregano (or choose another spice such as basil, tarragon) (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic, can use less
- Boil the potatoes.
- Drain, cool, cut into 1" cubes.Set aside.
- In small skillet, saute the chopped onions in the butter until the onions are about half way done. Add in the garlic and cook with the potatoes, being careful not to burn.
- Toss with the potatoes and other ingredients .
- Spoon into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbling.
These were very good and a nice way to make potatoes. I did change a couple of things, we had no red potatoes, so used white potatoes and I did peel them and I did cut back on the garlic some. Also, your recipe calls for onion but there is no onion in the ingredient list, but I did add onion. Thanks