Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by Amy W.
Make and share this All Purpose Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium tomato paste (with no added salt)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1/2 cup of stock in large pot.
- Cook onions, garlic, celery and carrot in the stock pot till tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, including remaining stock. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer covered for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. If you like a smooth sauce, place in blender container and blend for 30 to 45 seconds.
- This sauce freezes well and may be made in large quantities. Yield: 2 1/2 to 3 cups.