Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother-in-law gave me a marinade recipe for chicken wings back in the days before teryaki was a common household word. Through the years, I have adjusted it to suit my family's taste. I mentioned the brand name because I feel it has the best flavor. Light soy is even more important for the even taste.
- 2⁄3 cup kikkoman light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar (I've been using Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 minced garlic clove (I use 1 1/2 t. of the jar stuff)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in a covered container, and shake well.
- Pour over meat or vegetables, and marinate, preferably overnight.
- If marinating wings, cut several slits through the skin.
- Boneless breasts are better if pounded with a meat mallet before marinating.
- I like to use a gallon sized zipper bag for the marinating.
- Throw away any unused marinade.