Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the Kitchen section of Blueprint Magazine. I have used it over and over (original spices) and love it! Make sure you grill the unseasoned side of the meat first as the sugar can char quite easily!
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients, using your hands to break up the sugar. Store in an airtight container, away from light and heat, up to 6 months.
- Makes up to 1 1/4 cups (enough to season 5-10 pounds of meat, poultry, or seafood!).
- Southwestern rub:replace some of the paprika with cumin, coriander, and chili powder.
- Indian Rub:Replace the oregano and thyme with tumeric, curry powder, ground ginger and cardamom.
- Mediterranean Rub:Replace some or all of the oregano and or thyme with dried tarragon, marjoram, rosemary, dill or basil. Omit the cayenne pepper.