I found this recipe in the Kitchen section of Blueprint Magazine. I have used it over and over (original spices) and love it! Make sure you grill the unseasoned side of the meat first as the sugar can char quite easily!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients, using your hands to break up the sugar. Store in an airtight container, away from light and heat, up to 6 months.
- 2Makes up to 1 1/4 cups (enough to season 5-10 pounds of meat, poultry, or seafood!).
- 4Southwestern rub:replace some of the paprika with cumin, coriander, and chili powder.
- 5Indian Rub:Replace the oregano and thyme with tumeric, curry powder, ground ginger and cardamom.
- 6Mediterranean Rub:Replace some or all of the oregano and or thyme with dried tarragon, marjoram, rosemary, dill or basil. Omit the cayenne pepper.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All-Purpose Spice Rub
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3772.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g