Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
from Dinosaur BBQ
Make and share this All-Purpose Red Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated garlic
- 6 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dump all the ingredients into a bowl and rub them together with your hands. Store in a plastic or glass containdr til ready to use.
I think I have found my new rub for chicken. I LOVE IT!! The brown sugar adds a hint of sweetness which is wonderful. I only made enough for 1 piece of chicken for my lunch but I'm definitely making up a whole batch to use from now on. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
This rub added a nice flavor to Crock Pot Pulled Pork BBQ. Although I only made 1/2 the recipe, I still have about 3/4 of a cup left over after rubbing the pork. I saved it in an old spice container and would like to sprinkle it on baked chicken next time. Thanks princessmommie for sharing. Made for Pick a Chef, Fall 2011.
Nice-basic red rub. Would be great on chicken or beef. Made for Fall 08 PAC.