Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my recipe for pizza dough. This makes a light pizza dough perfect for any pizza.
- 1⁄4 ounce dry yeast
- 3⁄4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Combine yeast sugar and water and let sit for 5 minutes to proof.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth and soft.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover. Let rise until double in size.
- Punch down
- Place on large cookie sheet and work the dough evenly across the pan. Use your fingers to press the edges to the sides of the pan to form the crust edge.
- **Note** If you are using a thin or watery sauce bake the crust alone for 4 minutes at 350 before adding sauce and toppings to prevent sauce from soaking into crust.