Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Chef Anne Burrell.
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 4 whole eggs, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon water, if needed (or more)
- Place flour on worktable and make a large well in the center; put eggs, extra yolk, olive oil, salt and water in the middle.
- Use a fork to whisk the eggs into the oil and water; and gradually work in the flour until you can mix it with your hands.
- Wet your hands and begin kneading, using your palms to stretch the dough, but being careful not to tear it; knead dough until silky and supple, about 10 minutes, more or less.
- Wrap dough in plastic and rest for one hour or more.
- Use with a pasta machine or roll and cut to desired shape.