Recipe by foodtvfan
Great all-purpose herbed butter to keep on hand for all kinds of uses; serve with corn on the cob Corn on the Cob; Stays Hot and Fresh or Microwave Corn on the Cob; top sizzling hot steaks, chicken, or fish; butter hot cooked veggies; buns and breads toasted or not; cooking rice; roasting potatoes; hot cooked pasta. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Top Review by joannarose
Great recipe, very easy to make. Goes great with hot bread as well as steamed veggies. I've also used this along with some parmesan cheese mixed into couscous. Works well with everything I've tried so far. Seems to keep nicely in the freezer.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped or 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 pinch fresh thyme, chopped or 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 dash lemon juice
- fresh ground white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip room temperature butter with a fork in a bowl.
- Blend in parsley, chives or green onion, garlic if using, thyme, lemon juice, and white pepper to taste.
- On wax paper, shape mixture into a log. Wrap again in plastic wrap and chill until serving time. Or just use plastic wrap but wrap the log twice.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving time.
- Or bag, label with date, and freeze. To use, simply slice off as much as you need, then rewrap and store remainder in freezer until needed next time.