Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Classic Home Cooking Cookbook
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons yeast (Dissolved)
- 1 cup evaporated milk (warm)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- melted butter
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl & mix by hand for 10min or until u have a workable dough.
- Let dough rise in a warm bowl until it has doubled in size, about 1hr.
- Form 3-4oz rolls and place on GREASED cookie sheets.
- Let double in size again. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25mins., or until rolls are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.