Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a nice easy pie crust. I use 2 knives when I cut the shortening into flour mixture since I do not have a pastry blender.
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly, with a few pea-sized pieces of shortening.
- Sprinkle in the water and mix with a fork, adding just enough until the mixture is moistened and begins to clump together.
- Gather up the dough and form into a flat disk.
- You can use this dough immediately or proceed to the next step.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for atleast 20 minutes or up to overnight.
- If chilled until hard, let the dough stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften slightly before rolling.
- ********Double-CrustShortening Pie Dough*********.
- Use all-purpose flour, salt, vegetable shortening and ice-cold water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces.
sounds very good i am going to make cinnamon swirl cookies
Perfect pie crust, so easy to prepare. Loved it very much!! Thankies!!