Use for stuffing shrimp or mussels. It would also make a very good stuffed flounder. I LOVE this recipe and I am proud of it! I made it up all by myself and it took me two years to perfect it.
- 1 large green onion, white and green part minced and chopped
- 29.58 ml roasted red peppers (or jarred minced pimentos)
- 226.79 g crabmeat (I always use vacuum packed packaged and press it dry through a mesh strainer)
- 158.51 ml fresh breadcrumb (about 2 slices of white bread processed in your food processor)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise (Hellman's or Best brand)
- 59.16 ml fresh parsley (minced very finely)
- paprika, for lightly sprinkling
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- For stuffed shrimp -- butterfly them and put one tbsp of mixture on top and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Use the biggest shrimp you can find!
- For mussels -- place one tbsp of mixture on top of mussels and bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. (I buy a two pound frozen bag of New Zealand Mussels on the half shell from Fiesta Market. Just thaw -- top with some stuffing mixture and bake. Delicious!).
- Makes enough for generously stuffing 20 large shrimp or 2 lbs of mussels on the half shell.
- Sometimes I will drizzle melted butter over each stuffed mussel or shrimp but do so very very lightly. I will melt butter in the micro and then using a 1/8 tsp measuring spoon pour on each shrimp/mussel. Too much butter and it will become too rich.
- Lightly sprinkle paprika over all.
- I love this.