1/1 Photo of All Purpose Crab Stuffing
Pot Scrubber's Note:
Use for stuffing shrimp or mussels. It would also make a very good stuffed flounder. I LOVE this recipe and I am proud of it! I made it up all by myself and it took me two years to perfect it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large green onion, white and green part minced and chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers (or jarred minced pimentos)
- 1/2 lb crabmeat (I always use vacuum packed packaged and press it dry through a mesh strainer)
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumb (about 2 slices of white bread processed in your food processor)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's or Best brand)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced very finely)
- paprika, for lightly sprinkling
- 1Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- 2For stuffed shrimp -- butterfly them and put one tbsp of mixture on top and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Use the biggest shrimp you can find!
- 3For mussels -- place one tbsp of mixture on top of mussels and bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. (I buy a two pound frozen bag of New Zealand Mussels on the half shell from Fiesta Market. Just thaw -- top with some stuffing mixture and bake. Delicious!).
- 4Makes enough for generously stuffing 20 large shrimp or 2 lbs of mussels on the half shell.
- 5Sometimes I will drizzle melted butter over each stuffed mussel or shrimp but do so very very lightly. I will melt butter in the micro and then using a 1/8 tsp measuring spoon pour on each shrimp/mussel. Too much butter and it will become too rich.
- 6Lightly sprinkle paprika over all.
- 7I love this.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All Purpose Crab Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 150.7 mg
- Sodium 1648.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning