Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to me by my Great Aunt. The reason I say all purpose is because this is always a side dish at Thanksgiving, and Easter and BBQ's and on Sandwiches etc. etc. It just goes well with a lot and if you love a sweet tasting Cole Slaw, this is definately one to try. The Green Bell Pepper is a must for the unique taste! I always have to double this recipe though for larger crowds!
- 1 (14 ounce) package coleslaw mix (found in produce section of store)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small green bell pepper (try to find green bell pepper that is smaller in size)
- Dice green bell pepper to small bite size bits. Do not put in processor! this will make it too watery! must dice by hand.
- In a large bowl, add the cole slaw mix and then diced pepper and blend until well mixed.
- Add the milk, white vinegar, sugar & mayo and blend again.
- For best results, I keep mine in an airtight container and let it sit in Fridge overnight. Right before serving, it may need a touch more of mayo but you can use your own judgement on that. Also, if it does not seem sweet enough & the cabbage is on a little tangy side, add a little sprinkle more of sugar.
This made a nice coleslaw. I made up my own mix. I used green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots. Thanks for posting!