3 hrs 30 mins
This is my own recipe...which I have fine tuned over the years. It is not low cholesterol unless you would choose to use egg-beaters which will make the stuffing a little less rich in flavor. I have made this with and without meat. This makes enough to stuff a 20 pound turkey...or a 10-12 pound turkey and a extra pan full. If baking in a extra pan...seal well with tinfoil so that it doesn't dry out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: Chicken Soup Base is a concentrated paste purchased in the grocery store which is very rich in flavor.
- 2If you cannot find it in your store substitute with 3 chicken bouillion cubes and 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil which will give you a reasonable substitution.
- 3Combine all ingredients making sure that everything is blended.
- 4Avoid overmixing so that bread doesn't get too mushy.
- 5Stuff and Bake according to favorite method.
- 6I love using the popular baking bags since it is so easy and gives a wonderfully moist product at the end.
- 7NOTE** servings are approximate-- it easily serves 12-15 people with some left-overs.
- 8Time depends on method used-- I put down 3 1/2 hours since that is the average time if inside a 20 pound turkey in a baking bag.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All Purpose Bread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.5
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 186.1 mg
- Sodium 467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: