Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This is my own recipe...which I have fine tuned over the years. It is not low cholesterol unless you would choose to use egg-beaters which will make the stuffing a little less rich in flavor. I have made this with and without meat. This makes enough to stuff a 20 pound turkey...or a 10-12 pound turkey and a extra pan full. If baking in a extra pan...seal well with tinfoil so that it doesn't dry out.
- NOTE: Chicken Soup Base is a concentrated paste purchased in the grocery store which is very rich in flavor.
- If you cannot find it in your store substitute with 3 chicken bouillion cubes and 2 Tablespoons of cooking oil which will give you a reasonable substitution.
- Combine all ingredients making sure that everything is blended.
- Avoid overmixing so that bread doesn't get too mushy.
- Stuff and Bake according to favorite method.
- I love using the popular baking bags since it is so easy and gives a wonderfully moist product at the end.
- NOTE** servings are approximate-- it easily serves 12-15 people with some left-overs.
- Time depends on method used-- I put down 3 1/2 hours since that is the average time if inside a 20 pound turkey in a baking bag.
Incredibly moist with a delicious sage flavor. Turkey and dressing are the highlight of our Canadian Thanksgiving meal. When preparing for these special occasions I always am sure to include at least one new item to serve along with the expected fare. Not having a loaf of dry bread on hand I cubed up a fresh one. With using fresh instead of dry cubes which would absorb more liquid I cut back on the water. Needing to make for lower cholesterol I went with six eggs and it still made for a moist and rich stuffing which was enjoyed by all. Thank you for sharing this recipe.