Recipe by foodtvfan
A tasty blueberry sauce made with honey instead of sugar. Excellent with crepes, pancakes, French toast, waffles, ice cream, cheesecake, sponge cake, or pound cake. I usually use bottled lemon juice because that is what I have available most of the time.
Top Review by Debbb
Perfect! I was a little concerned that the sauce would be too tart but it definitely wasn't. I made to serve over French Toast on Christmas morning. However, I would make this for an ice-cream topping, too.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine blueberries, 1/2 cup water, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg, if using, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix cornstarch with the 2 Tablespoons water.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the blueberry mixture; simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Serve sauce warm or cold.