Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
By Lucy Waverman and found at lcbo.ca. If using this rub for pork and pork spare-ribs, increase the sugar to 2 tbsp (25 mL).
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- Place salt, sugar, mustard powder, chili powder, paprika, cayenne and ground pepper in a bowl and mix together.
- Store in an airtight jar away from heat and light; it will keep for at least six months.
Thanks for a very versatile rub Evelyn. I rubbed this on my pork tenderloins and let them sit all day in the fridge, then I baked them in the oven. What an amazing flavour. I can't wait to try this on a whole chicken. Thanks so much for sharing.
This was so good. I used it on London Broil. What a great flavor. (I wanted to add that I used this on country ribs let them set for about 30 minutes all I can say is OMG!!!!) I am so glad I had this on hand. Lisa
Wonderful rub! I used eye of round tenderloins, rubbed well on both sides, and refrigerated for a couple of hours. Grilled and enjoyed!