Prep 5 mins
Cook 168 hrs
This all natural formula includes an ingredient whose sweet scent is prized as both an anti-depressant and an appetite suppressant. The cologne is light and not overpowering at all... plus it has great uplifting properties! I found this on care2 website and have been using it regularly. This would make a great gift for the holidays for that someone special. Cooking time is time for the cologne to age.
- 59.14 ml vodka
- 1.23 ml glycerin
- 1 vanilla bean
- orange peel (3 inch strip) or lemon peel (3 inch strip)
- Combine the vodka and glycerin in a sterilized glass container with a tight fitting lid, shaking vigorously to mix.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and add along with the orange or lemon peel.
- Shake to mix.
- Allow to age for 1 week or more in a cool, dark place.
- Gently swirl mixture and then decant into a pretty, decorative bottle for gift giving.