Prep 10 mins
Cook 1008 hrs
No flavorings necessary! Be sure to get some fresh, ultra-ripe raspberries, and you are 6 weeks away from the most amazing after-dinner treat. Don't let the 6 week factor get you down - it takes time for the fruit to infuse naturally. With a wonderful aroma and a warm feel going down, you'll be upset you didn't make more when Raspberries were in season! Please drink responsibly. :) Let me know what you think!
- Find a good sealing glass jar- An old spaghetti sauce jar with lid works nicely.
- Please note that the above amounts are approximate, depending on the size jar you use- and how much you'd like to make.
- Fill the jar halfway with uber-ripe raspberries.
- Fill the rest of the way with sugar cubes.
- Pour Vodka into the jar up to the top.
- SEAL the jar, and shake for 10-15 seconds, and then place the jar somewhere you'll be sure to see it every day- out of direct sunlight.
- Shake the jar for 10-15 seconds EVERY DAY for about 6 weeks- You'll notice the berries break up more, and the sugar will totally dissolve over time.
- (It is helpful to mark the end date on your calendar- if you go over, it's no big deal).
- AT THE END OF THE 6 WEEKS, open the jar and strain the Raspberry Schnapps through cheesecloth; I like to tightly rubber band the cheesecloth around the opening and let it drain for a few hours.
- After it has drained, you may gently squeeze the extra juice out of the fruit; Try not to over-squeeze, or you'll get fruit as well.
- STORAGE: You may store this in a clean glass jar; What I like to do is store the schnapps in a pretty glass decanter with a stopper you could find at a thrift store- and while you're there, you can probably find some Schnapps Glasses!
- They look like teeny wine glasses- Some have longer stems than others.
- SERVING TIPS: Serve at room temperature in Schnapps glasses, if you have them; If not, pour a small amount into a wine glass and enjoy.
- NOTE: You may substitute Loganberries, Marionberries, or whatever kinds of berries or fruit as you wish.