LV HealthNut's Note:
I had just finished a 24-hour detox and wanted some soup -- not from a can, and free from preservatives and whatnot. Here's my recipe for a low-fat, all-natural MSG free soup. There is no dairy or chicken stock necessary for this recipe. It is really easy and quick and best of all, you can feel good about eating it! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless chicken breast, uncooked (can be pre-packaged frozen, i.e. Foster Farms, Tyson)
- 1 cup vegetables
- baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 celery hearts, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 pinch thyme (optional)
- 4 -6 cups water
- 1Defrost the chicken breast if you haven't already; cut into small pieces.
- 2Fill a small pot with water, bring to a slow boil.
- 3Add onions and celery, boil for a couple minutes.
- 4Add chicken pieces.
- 5Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I only used 1 Tsp as an estimated reference, but you can add as much as you like to your preference. While I was cooking I continually grinded fresh salt and pepper and added more garlic powder into the pot).
- 6Continue to bring to a slow boil, removing foam from the top of the soup.
- 7Add veggie medley (broccoli, baby carrots, cauliflower) and cover.
- 8*** The amount above in the ingredients list is not specified because I used a pre-packaged fresh veggies from Trader Joe's. (*** You can opt to just make a cup of these fresh veggies and chop them yourself, but for convenience I bought them already packaged together.).
- 9Simmer for about 10-15 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All-Natural Chicken Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1268.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: