Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had just finished a 24-hour detox and wanted some soup -- not from a can, and free from preservatives and whatnot. Here's my recipe for a low-fat, all-natural MSG free soup. There is no dairy or chicken stock necessary for this recipe. It is really easy and quick and best of all, you can feel good about eating it! :)
- 1 boneless chicken breast, uncooked (can be pre-packaged frozen, i.e. Foster Farms, Tyson)
- 1 cup vegetables
- baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 celery hearts, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 pinch thyme (optional)
- 4 -6 cups water
- Defrost the chicken breast if you haven't already; cut into small pieces.
- Fill a small pot with water, bring to a slow boil.
- Add onions and celery, boil for a couple minutes.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I only used 1 Tsp as an estimated reference, but you can add as much as you like to your preference. While I was cooking I continually grinded fresh salt and pepper and added more garlic powder into the pot).
- Continue to bring to a slow boil, removing foam from the top of the soup.
- Add veggie medley (broccoli, baby carrots, cauliflower) and cover.
- *** The amount above in the ingredients list is not specified because I used a pre-packaged fresh veggies from Trader Joe's. (*** You can opt to just make a cup of these fresh veggies and chop them yourself, but for convenience I bought them already packaged together.).
- Simmer for about 10-15 more minutes.