Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
just sounded good, i saw this on 'Thirty Minute Meals' but changed somethings for taste and consistency. I ended up having to strain this when i used 3 cups originally called for in recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Core cauliflower and cook in chicken stock for 10 mins covered.
- Take cover off and reduce chicken stock by half.
- Approximately 5-10 mins more.
- Mash up cauliflower and chicken stock along with butter and garlic and onion powder.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- I used my kitchen aid mixer with the whipping paddle on this, but you can use a regular hand mixer or just a plain old masher on it.
This is a really good lo carb side dish. Loads of flavor and went well with the salmon I made. Be sure and drain the cauliflower well before proceeding or the end product will be a little runny. Very good.
My husband and I both loved this and could not believe how much we had that mashed potato feeling without those potato calories! I drained out almost all of the chicken stock before mashing. I will make this again and again!