Recipe by YummySmellsca
This is a delicious, gorgeous “mock-tail” of sparkling ice tea. Even though it’s alcohol free, it is full of all the taste and look of sangria! Makes 13 cups, or 26 “dainty” servings
- 6 cups filtered water
- 5 black tea bags
- 8 berry-flavoured herbal tea bags
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar or 1⁄4 cup fruit sugar or 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 2 cups black cherry juice
- 2 large oranges, sliced thinly
- 2 lemons, sliced thinly
- 2 limes, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries or 1⁄2 cup cherries
- 3 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage (a natural option is Zevia) or 3 cups club soda (a natural option is Zevia)
- ice cube, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water and pour over the teabags in a large jug. Let steep 15 minutes, then remove the teabags (press out the liquid).
- Stir in the sugar (or stevia) and juices.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then stir in the oranges, lemons and limes.
- Chill completely.
- Just before serving, stir in the frozen berries and soda. Serve over ice.