Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is called 'all in one', as the ingredients are all measured in "ones". A nice change from the standard spinach bread dip. Great for parties. I also change the Monterey Jack cheese from time to time, trying Farmer's cheese, mozzarella, Havarti, (pretty much any mild white cheese will do!)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (use the old or sharp kind)
- 1 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped (or if you really like garlic, go ahead and use more!)
- 1 (5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I buy the can that has 5-7 hearts in it)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (any kind, low fat, ultra low fat, doesn't matter)
- 1 sourdough bread (the round kind, to make a bowl)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the top off the bread to make a "lid".
- Hollow out the bread to make a nice big bowl to put the dip into. I buy an extra sourdough bread, cuz this goes fast! Cut the extra sour dough bread into pieces as you might run out of the first helping!
- Cut the hollowed out stuff into bite sized pieces for dipping.
- Mix the remaining ingredients all together in a large bowl.
- Put it in the hollowed out bread bowl. Replace the bread lid and cover the whole top with some foil wrap.
- place it on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven. (putting it on a cookie sheet is helpful to get the bread back out of the oven!).
- Bake x 60 minutes
- Remove from oven, take off the foil and the bread lid and let cool about 10-15 mins before serving.
Made this exactly and it was hit with the weekend crowd at camp. We made up the cheese mixture ahead of time and kept refrigerated and when we needed an appy couple days later, I just followed the rest of the instructions. I was leary of the cooking time so took out after 45mins but prob the 60 mins okay.