Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I recently adopted this recipe. I made major changes to the recipe 02/22/05, the results being a much better casserole. Feel free to leave out any offensive ingredient.
- 1⁄2-1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot, Frozen Peas & Carrots should be thawed.
- 8 ounces egg noodles (Egg Noodles should be cooked and drained.)
- 6 1⁄2 ounces tuna, Drained & Flaked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, blend onion soup mix with cream of mushroom soup and milk; stir in peas & carrots, cooked noodles, cheese and tuna.
- Turn into greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
I have been looking for a good tuna casserole recipe but this one is not it. Too bland and too "runny" Perhaps you could cook the soup/milk first - that might provide a thicker sauce???
Tasty and very easy casserole. I used 2 cans tuna, 1 1/2 c. milk, full packet of onion soup mix and added extra shredded cheese (about 1/2 cup) on top.
It was a little watery. I am leaving out at least half of the milk next time. I will make it again though. Perfectly adequate tuna casserole and really easy to make.