Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I like this recipe because it is fast and has the main food groups all in one dish. This is a brain storm of mine that I struck upon while trying to find something my son would eat that was healthy and fast. This meal was dubbed "delicious" by my son.
- 2 cups pasta (bow-tie,shells, I used Campanelle and cut it in half for my son)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (pair with oregano and basil)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, with roasted garlic soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk (You can add cheese and so on too if you like to make a casserole, or want to add a bit of contrast t)
- If preparing as a casserole, please preheat your oven to 350 degrees (enough to melt cheese as other ingredients should be hot.) Please prepare your choice of pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile brown you hamburger; (I added dried onion, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and garlic salt to mine. Feel free to experiment, I do) When pasta is finished, add cream of mushroom and roasted garlic soup, milk, green beans, and stewed tomatoes then mix til ingredients are coated well with soup mix.
- (This may get bigger than your pot, so I dumped it all and"tossed" it together in a 9. 5 X 13. 5 X 2in. 3 quart casserole dish).
- When hamberger is done, drain, and stir into the"mix" of other ingredients.
- Top with cheese if you wish.
- At this stage you can either make a casserole, or keep it in the dish and have the toss-up version as I did- in which case you can serve, and enjoy!
- However-- If making a casserole, your oven should be preheated, but as there are different ovens-- it may not be.
- When it is preheated, slid casserole dish with all ingredients into oven.
- After five to ten minutes, depending on your oven, remove and let cool a few minutes.
- Then, serve, and enjoy!