Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy and different burger recipe I came up with last week. I usually pan-fry my burgers, but I don't like the excessive grease popping out of the pan and the clean-up afterward. The beef spread throughout the pan doesn't cause near as much grease to splatter everywhere, so that's what I decided to do. I like the idea of not having too many things at the table as well, so I just put it all in the skillet before serving. I add tomato just before serving because that's what we like, but you can also try chopped pickles or shredded lettuce. I think it turned out well and everyone ate it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 pieces thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- hamburger bun
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 2 minutes to start it cooking.
- Add onion and ground beef and cook until beef is browned. Drain and return to pan.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add salt, pepper, and tomato and stir once just to combine. Serve on hamburger buns.