Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in a Kraft What's Cooking magazine and thought that it looked really good, and since I love quick supper ideas, this one wins in my books.
- Brown ground beef and onion in large frying pan.
- Add water, pasta sauce, and pasta.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
This was wonderful. I used 4 cups of my own spagetti sauce Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce, elbow macaroni... I did leave out the mushrooms. It was an easy recipe and with a very flavorful spagetti sauce there is no need to add additional spices. This will be a regular in our house! Thanks for posting it.
Since we are trying to eat lighter, I replaced the ground beef with ground turkey, pasta with whole wheat pasta, zucchini to get in more veggies and two tablespoons of tomato paste to depen the flavor of the sauce. The cheese was part-skim mozarrella as well. My versaion was tasty, but a bit bland. I suggest adding some hot pepper flakes or herbs.