Recipe by RigelBee
I found this recipe in a magazine and thought I would give it a try. I made two changes - 1. one green pepper in place of a red (next time I will stick with red only) 2. Italian seasoning in place of thyme. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. The smell of this cooking was so wonderful. My dh came down about 10 minutes after I put the pan in the oven and wondered WHAT smelled so good and "did I have anything he could munch on while he waited????" Ha Ha! Anyway, when it finally came out of the oven, we were not disappointed.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 3⁄4 lb new potato
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled (3 left whole and 2 cut into 12 slivers)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- 2 1⁄2 lbs eye of round roast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove ribs and seeds from peppers, and cut into 1-inch strips or pieces.
- Halve onions and cut into 1-inch wedges.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Place peppers, onions, potatoes, and whole garlic cloves on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Using a paring knife, make 12 small slits in top and sides of roast; push in garlic slivers.
- Move vegetables to sides of sheet.
- Place beef in center, and coat with remaining oil; rub all over with 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon thyme.
- Roast 40 to 50 minutes, tossing vegetables occasionally until tender.
- Let meat stand 10 minutes, loosely tented with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- (Save leftover meat for Beef and Mango Wraps).