Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Woman's Day, 1/3/07
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Maple Syrup Icing
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
- coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F Butter a 9 or 10 inch (12-cup) bundt pan.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground (but not grated, see next step) ginger and salt in a bowl to blend.
- Beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- On low speed beat in pumpkin, apple and grated ginger, if using (mixture will look curdled).
- Add flour mixture; beat just until blended.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before inverting on rack, turning right side up and cooling completely. (Cake will be about 2 inches high.).
- Icing: Stir confectioners’ sugar and maple syrup in a small bowl until icing runs off tip of the spoon, adding more syrup a little at a time if needed.
- Put cake on wax paper; drizzle with icing from tip of spoon.
- Sprinkle with pecans; let icing set.