Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A salad that I whipped up quickly -- and turned out to be delicious! Gives you a good amount of greens in one filling dish!
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 japanese cucumber, chopped
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup rotisserie cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salad dressing, your choice (I used sesame ginger, a liquidy dressing like Italian is best)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Pan-fry or toast the bacon, until fully cooked. Then chop into small pieces.
- Stir the first 9 ingredients together, then toss with dressing, salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash.