Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Making a cake doesn't get any easier than this - be sure to ask your kids to help you!! Add all the ingredients but the chocolate chips to a large bowl. Mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into baking, bake and enjoy!!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup folgers classic roast brewed hot coffee
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate)
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 9-inch cake pan.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in food processor. Process until batter is smooth Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.