Chef mariajane's Note:
Making a cake doesn't get any easier than this - be sure to ask your kids to help you!! Add all the ingredients but the chocolate chips to a large bowl. Mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into baking, bake and enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup folgers classic roast brewed hot coffee
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 9-inch cake pan.
- 2Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in food processor. Process until batter is smooth Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3Spoon batter in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4Cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All in One Double Chocolate Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 133.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g