- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- hot cooked macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in Dutch oven on medium-high heat.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and pepper until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef, brown and crumble.
- Add the tomatoes, corn, salt, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about an hour.
- Serve in large warmed soup bowls over hot, cooked macaroni.