Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
his contains plenty of flavour and wholesome vegetables - perfect central heating. Quick, cheap and simple to prepare
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 liters vegetable stock
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 (420 g) cansmixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 175 g spinach
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper pesto
Directions See How It's Made
- Tip the canned tomatoes into a saucepan along with the stock, bring to the boil.
- turn down the heat and throw in the carrots.
- Gently simmer the soup until the carrots are cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pulses and spinach and heat until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon in the pesto and gently mix into the soup.
- Serve with some crusty bread.