Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick meal I make sometimes after work, when it's just me. Nothing fancy or gormet, just plain comfort food. I sometimes stir in a handful of grated cheddar or italian blend cheese at the end to give it a little extra cheesiness!
- In a saucepan, bring water and milk barely to a boil over medium heat.
- Add macaroni, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add thawed broccoli and cover.
- Simmer for another 3-4 more minutes, or until liquid is almost absorbed, and broccoli is heated through.
- Add cheese sauce mix and butter, and stir until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in grated cheese, if using, until melted.
This is really good! I added an extra kick to it by adding jalapenos and deli mustard! its great without it also! yay! ps-friends liked it
Delicious! I used whole wheat rotini and added lots of broccoli. Thanks!