This is the salad for that special occasion when you are aiming for visually stunning (I'm referring to both the salad and yourself). The original recipe specifies blue cheese, but you could substitute a myriad of cheeses: feta, imported Parmesan, Welsh cheddar, Tillamook Special Reserve, for example...Make this salad as individual as you want it, depending on your guests and your menu! Adapted from Company's Coming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce (cut or torn)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisply and coarsely crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 12 firm cherry tomatoes or 12 firm grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup fresh watercress
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded, deveined and cut into thin strips
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1SALAD DRESSING: Prepare the salad dressing in a non-reactive small bowl and set aside.
- 2SALAD: Arrange and spread the Romaine lettuce on a large serving platter.
- 3Place the next 8 ingredients in neat rows in order given over the Romaine lettuce.
- 4Serve the salad dressing on the side.
- 5If not eating immediately, cover salad and chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All in a Row Salad
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.6
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 249.2 mg
- Sodium 822.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 28.3 g