Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the salad for that special occasion when you are aiming for visually stunning (I'm referring to both the salad and yourself). The original recipe specifies blue cheese, but you could substitute a myriad of cheeses: feta, imported Parmesan, Welsh cheddar, Tillamook Special Reserve, for example...Make this salad as individual as you want it, depending on your guests and your menu! Adapted from Company's Coming.
- 1 head romaine lettuce (cut or torn)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisply and coarsely crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 12 firm cherry tomatoes or 12 firm grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup fresh watercress
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded, deveined and cut into thin strips
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard (or 1 tablespoon softened honey and 1 tablespoon yellow mustard)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- SALAD DRESSING: Prepare the salad dressing in a non-reactive small bowl and set aside.
- SALAD: Arrange and spread the Romaine lettuce on a large serving platter.
- Place the next 8 ingredients in neat rows in order given over the Romaine lettuce.
- Serve the salad dressing on the side.
- If not eating immediately, cover salad and chill until ready to serve.