1/2 Photos of All I Want is Meat and Potatoes Sirloin
9 hrs 30 mins
In 'Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever' by Diane Phillips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) sirloin roast
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, coarsely chopped (Vidalia)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 24 yukon gold potatoes (golf-ball size) or 24 red potatoes (golf-ball size)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Sprinkle the roast evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a big skillet over high heat; add the meat and brown on all sides.
- 3Transfer the meat to the insert of a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- 4Add the onions and thyme to the same skillet and saute until the onions begins to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- 5Transfer the onion mixture to the slow cooker; add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, and potatoes to the cooker, surrounding the meat.
- 6Cover cooker and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- 7Remove the meat and potatoes from the cooker and cover with foil; allow to rest for about 15 minutes.
- 8Skim off any fat from the surface of the sauce; transfer the sauce to a saucepan and strain through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired.
- 9Put the butter and the flour in a small bowl and stir to form a paste.
- 10Bring the sauce to a boil and add the butter mixture in pieces to the sauce, bringing the sauce back to a boil after each addition; season with salt and pepper.
- 11Slice the meat; serve sliced meat, potatoes and onions with sauce.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All I Want is Meat and Potatoes Sirloin
Serving Size: 1 (692 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.3
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.1 mg
- Sodium 666.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 52.9 g