Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
In 'Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever' by Diane Phillips
Make and share this All I Want is Meat and Potatoes Sirloin recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) sirloin roast
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, coarsely chopped (Vidalia)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 24 yukon gold potatoes (golf-ball size) or 24 red potatoes (golf-ball size)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle the roast evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oil in a big skillet over high heat; add the meat and brown on all sides.
- Transfer the meat to the insert of a 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- Add the onions and thyme to the same skillet and saute until the onions begins to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mixture to the slow cooker; add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, and potatoes to the cooker, surrounding the meat.
- Cover cooker and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- Remove the meat and potatoes from the cooker and cover with foil; allow to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Skim off any fat from the surface of the sauce; transfer the sauce to a saucepan and strain through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired.
- Put the butter and the flour in a small bowl and stir to form a paste.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and add the butter mixture in pieces to the sauce, bringing the sauce back to a boil after each addition; season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the meat; serve sliced meat, potatoes and onions with sauce.
What a terrific dish ratherbeswimmin'. We really enjoyed this simple dish, not a lot of ingredients, but certainly a lot of flavor. Easy to make. We really enjoyed the thyme in this dish. The meat was tender and moist and the potatoes were perfectly cooked. I did add some beef flavoring to the creamy rich gravy. Thanks for sharing :)